Dash wins 2012 WA Tourism Awards GOLD
2012 Kickstarters Gascoyne Dash®
The Dash is about more than just desert racing
Entries for the 2012 Kickstarters Gascoyne Dash® are open. Be quick as positions are strictly limited.
2012 Dash preparations
What have we been up to recently?
* Surveyed 20 kms of new track on Doorawarrah Station to replace the Doorawarrah fuel stop and get out of the river a bit sooner. Thanks to the Waddy Robinson.
* Upgraded fuel stop areas at Lyons North, Junction and Pells. The fuel points will be uniform in 2012. Thanks to Shiney Price and his Junction Concrete Services for help
* Upgraded the start finish and pit areas at Coonatha. Thanks again Shiney
* Installed surveillance cameras at Coonatha. I told you thieves we would get you and WE WILL. Thanks to our friends at the Burringurrah Police Station
What's coming up?
* Track marking will commence in July/August
* Campsite clean-up in August
Volunteers always welcome - click here for details.
The bike supplementary regulations have been approved by MWA - thanks Rick Gill and team.
The car supplementary regulations are presently being finalised with CAMS so we are on track to open entries in June - keep watching
Experience the Dash Track - Tag Along Trip
The Club is arranging a tag along tour of the Dash Day One Track on the weekend of 14 to 15 July 2012.
The trip will be organized as a CAMS social event and all aspects will be supervised by the Club.
This is a great chance to get out in the wilderness and see what makes the Dash track so special. Access to the track has been kindly provided by our friends the McTaggart Family of Bidgemia Station.
Naturally a reliable 4x4 is a prerequisite. Cost is $50 per vehicle and this includes a BBQ breakfast on the Sunday morning. Participants will need a snatch strap in each vehicle and a UHF radio would be an advantage. The trip will stop for smoko, lunch and afternoon tea. Dinner will be back at our Coonatha campsite. Hot showers will be available at the end of the day. The Club will also have available BBQs to cook your evening meal.
We expect to start at 10am Saturday 14 July from Caltex and firstly travel to our Coonatha Camp (28kms north of Gascoyne Junction then turn right for 7 kms). We expect to be back in Carnarvon by 5pm on Sunday 15 July.
The trip is strictly by expression of interest only click here
Lonely Planet's - Year of Adventures
Don't forget to tune into Lonely Planet's - Year of Adventures for the Gascoyne Dash episode. See presenter Ben Fogel and our very own Paul Kelly tackle the 2011 Dash.
The episode features on Foxtel's BBC Knowledge at 4.30pm Wednesday 21 March and again at 8am and 8.30 pm on Thursday 22 March - check local guides.
2011 DVD Out NOW with Dirt Action